Washington Revised Code Title 77. Fish and Wildlife § 77.100.060. Commission to establish rules--Subjects
Search Revised Code of Washington
Search by Keyword or Citation
The commission shall establish by rule:
(1) The procedure for entering a cooperative agreement and the application forms for a permit to release fish or wildlife required by *RCW 77.12.457. The procedure shall indicate the information required from the volunteer group as well as the process of review by the department. The process of review shall include the means to coordinate with other agencies and Indian tribes when appropriate and to coordinate the review of any necessary hydraulic permit approval applications.
(2) The procedure for providing within forty-five days of receipt of a proposal a written response to the volunteer group indicating the date by which an acceptance or rejection of the proposal can be expected, the reason why the date was selected, and a written summary of the process of review. The response should also include any suggested modifications to the proposal which would increase its likelihood of approval and the date by which such modified proposal could be expected to be accepted. If the proposal is rejected, the department must provide in writing the reasons for rejection. The volunteer group may request the director or the director's designee to review information provided in the response.
(3) The priority of the uses to which eggs, seed, juveniles, or brood stock are put. Use by cooperative projects shall be second in priority only to the needs of programs of the department or of other public agencies within the territorial boundaries of the state. Sales of eggs, seed, juveniles, or brood stock have a lower priority than use for cooperative projects. The rules must identify and implement appropriate protocols for brood stock handling, including the outplanting of adult fish, spawning, incubation, rearing, and release and establish a prioritized schedule for implementation of chapter 337, Laws of 2001, and shall include directives for allowing more hatchery salmon to spawn naturally in areas where progeny of hatchery fish have spawned, including the outplanting of adult fish, in order to increase the number of viable salmon eggs and restore healthy numbers of fish within the state.
(4) The procedure for the director to notify a volunteer group that the agreement for the project is being revoked for cause and the procedure for revocation. Revocation shall be documented in writing to the volunteer group. Cause for revocation may include: (a) The unavailability of adequate biological or financial resources; (b) the development of unacceptable biological or resource management conflicts; or (c) a violation of agreement provisions. Notice of cause to revoke for a violation of agreement provisions may specify a reasonable period of time within which the volunteer group must comply with any violated provisions of the agreement.
(5) An appropriate method of distributing among volunteer groups fish, bird, or animal food or other supplies available for the program.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Washington Revised Code Title 77. Fish and Wildlife § 77.100.060. Commission to establish rules--Subjects - last updated April 06, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wa/title-77-fish-and-wildlife/wa-rev-code-77-100-060/
Was this helpful?