Washington Revised Code Title 76. Forests and Forest Products § 76.09.030. Forest practices board--Created--Membership--Terms--Vacancies--Meetings--Compensation, travel expenses--Staff
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Revised Code of Washington
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1) There is hereby created the forest practices board of the state of Washington as an agency of state government consisting of members as follows:
(a) The commissioner of public lands or the commissioner's designee;
(b) The director of the department of commerce or the director's designee;
(c) The director of the department of agriculture or the director's designee;
(d) The director of the department of ecology or the director's designee;
(e) The director of the department of fish and wildlife or the director's designee;
(f) An elected member of a county legislative authority appointed by the governor. However, the county member's service on the board shall be conditioned on the member's continued service as an elected county official;
(g) One member representing a timber products union, appointed by the governor from a list of three names submitted by a timber labor coalition affiliated with a statewide labor organization that represents a majority of the timber product unions in the state; and
(h) Six members of the general public appointed by the governor, one of whom shall be a small forestland owner who actively manages his or her land, and one of whom shall be an independent logging contractor.
(2) The members of the initial board appointed by the governor shall be appointed so that the term of one member shall expire December 31, 1975, the term of one member shall expire December 31, 1976, the term of one member shall expire December 31, 1977, the terms of two members shall expire December 31, 1978, and the terms of two members shall expire December 31, 1979. Thereafter, each member shall be appointed for a term of four years. Vacancies on the board shall be filled in the same manner as the original appointments. Each member of the board shall continue in office until his or her successor is appointed and qualified. The commissioner of public lands or the commissioner's designee shall be the chair of the board.
(3) The board shall meet at such times and places as shall be designated by the chair or upon the written request of the majority of the board. The principal office of the board shall be at the state capital.
(4) Members of the board, except public employees and elected officials, shall be compensated in accordance with RCW 43.03.250. Each member shall be entitled to reimbursement for travel expenses incurred in the performance of their duties as provided in RCW 43.03.050 and 43.03.060.
(5) The board may employ such clerical help and staff pursuant to chapter 41.06 RCW as is necessary to carry out its duties.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Washington Revised Code Title 76. Forests and Forest Products § 76.09.030. Forest practices board--Created--Membership--Terms--Vacancies--Meetings--Compensation, travel expenses--Staff - last updated April 06, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wa/title-76-forests-and-forest-products/wa-rev-code-76-09-030/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?