Washington Revised Code Title 72. State Institutions § 72.01.150. Industrial activities
Search Revised Code of Washington
Search by Keyword or Citation
The secretary shall:
(1) Establish, install and operate, at the several state institutions under his or her control, such industries and industrial plants as may be most suitable and beneficial to the inmates thereof, and as can be operated at the least relative cost and the greatest relative benefit to the state, taking into consideration the needs of the state institutions for industrial products, and the amount and character of labor of inmates available at the several institutions;
(2) Supply the several institutions with the necessary industrial products produced thereat;
(3) Exchange with, or furnish to, other state institutions industrial products at prices to be fixed by the department, not to exceed in any case the price of such products in the open market;
(4) Sell and dispose of surplus industrial products produced, to such persons and under such rules, regulations, terms, and prices as may be in his or her judgment for the best interest of the state;
(5) Sell products of the plate mill to any department, to any state, county, or other public institution and to any governmental agency, of this or any other state under such rules, regulations, terms, and prices as may be in his or her judgment for the best interests of the state.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Washington Revised Code Title 72. State Institutions § 72.01.150. Industrial activities - last updated April 06, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wa/title-72-state-institutions/wa-rev-code-72-01-150/
Was this helpful?