Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) A license issued under this chapter may be suspended, revoked, or subject to civil penalty by the department upon verification that any one or more of the following reasons exist:
(a) Any false statement as to a material matter in the application;
(b) Fraud, misrepresentation, or bribery in securing a license;
(c) Failure to notify the department and the owner or lessee of a conveyance or related mechanisms of any condition not in compliance with this chapter;
(d) A violation of any provisions of this chapter; and
(e) If the elevator contractor does not employ an individual designated as the primary point of contact with the department and who has successfully completed the elevator contractor examination. In the case of a separation of employment, termination of this relationship or designation, or death of the designated individual, the elevator contractor must, within ninety days, designate a new individual who has successfully completed the elevator contractor examination.
(2) The department may suspend or revoke a permit if:
(a) The permit was obtained through fraud or by error if, in the absence of error, the department would not have issued the permit;
(b) The conveyance for which the permit was issued has not been worked on in accordance with this chapter; or
(c) The conveyance has become unsafe.
(3) The department shall suspend any license issued under this chapter promptly after receiving notice from the department of social and health services that the holder of the license has been certified pursuant to RCW 74.20A.320 as a person who is not in compliance with a support order. If the person has continued to meet all other license requirements during the suspension, reissuance of the license shall be automatic upon the department's receipt of a release issued by the department of social and health services stating that the person is in compliance with the order.
(4) The department shall notify in writing the owner, licensee, or person performing conveyance work, of its action and the reason for the action. The department shall send the notice using a method by which the mailing can be tracked or the delivery can be confirmed to the last known address of the owner or person. The notice shall inform the owner or person that a hearing may be requested pursuant to RCW 70.87.170.
(5)(a) If the department has suspended or revoked a permit or license because of fraud or error, and a hearing is requested, the suspension or revocation shall be stayed until the hearing is concluded and a decision is issued.
(b) If the department has revoked or suspended a license because the licensee performing the work covered by this chapter is working in a manner that does not effectively prevent injuries or deaths or protect employees and the public from unsafe conditions as is required by this chapter, the suspension or revocation is effective immediately and shall not be stayed by a request for a hearing.
(c) If the department has revoked or suspended a permit because the conveyance is unsafe or the conveyance work is not permitted and performed in accordance with this chapter, the suspension or revocation is effective immediately and shall not be stayed by a request for a hearing.
(6) The department must remove a suspension or reinstate a revoked license if the licensee pays all the assessed civil penalties and is able to demonstrate to the department that the licensee has met all the qualifications established by this chapter.
(7) The department shall remove a suspension or reinstate a revoked permit if a conveyance is repaired or modified to bring it into compliance with this chapter.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Washington Revised Code Title 70. Public Health and Safety § 70.87.125. Suspension or revocation of license or permit--Grounds--Notice--Stay of suspension or revocation--Removal of suspension or reinstatement of license or permit - last updated April 06, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wa/title-70-public-health-and-safety/wa-rev-code-70-87-125/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.