Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) A permit shall be obtained from the department before performing work, other than maintenance, on a conveyance under the jurisdiction of the department.
(2) The installer of the conveyance shall submit an application for the permit in duplicate, in a form that the department may prescribe.
(3) The permit issued by the department shall be kept posted conspicuously at the site of installation.
(4) A permit is not required for maintenance.
(5) After the effective date of rules adopted under this chapter establishing licensing requirements, the department may issue a permit for conveyance work only to an elevator contractor unless the permit is for conveyance work on private residence conveyances. After July 1, 2004, the department may not issue a permit for conveyance work on private residence conveyances to a person other than an elevator contractor.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Washington Revised Code Title 70. Public Health and Safety § 70.87.080. Permits--When required--Application for--Posting - last updated April 06, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wa/title-70-public-health-and-safety/wa-rev-code-70-87-080/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.