Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
For the purposes of chapters 70.05 and 70.46 RCW and unless the context thereof clearly indicates to the contrary:
(1) “Local health departments” means the county or district which provides public health services to persons within the area.
(2) “Local health officer” means the legally qualified physician who has been appointed as the health officer for the county or district public health department.
(3) “Local board of health” means the county or district board of health.
(4) “Health district” means all the territory consisting of one or more counties organized pursuant to the provisions of chapters 70.05 and 70.46 RCW.
(5) “Department” means the department of health.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Washington Revised Code Title 70. Public Health and Safety § 70.05.010. Definitions - last updated April 06, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wa/title-70-public-health-and-safety/wa-rev-code-70-05-010/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.