Washington Revised Code Title 48. Insurance § 48.94.040. Restrictions on reinsurer--Financial condition of reinsurance intermediary-manager--Loss reserves--Retrocessions--Termination of contract--Board of directors
Search Revised Code of Washington
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1) A reinsurer may not engage the services of a person, firm, association, or corporation to act as a reinsurance intermediary-manager on its behalf unless the person is licensed as required by RCW 48.94.010(2).
(2) The reinsurer shall annually obtain a copy of statements of the financial condition of each reinsurance intermediary-manager that the reinsurer has had prepared by an independent certified accountant in a form acceptable to the commissioner.
(3) If a reinsurance intermediary-manager establishes loss reserves, the reinsurer shall annually obtain the opinion of an actuary attesting to the adequacy of loss reserves established for losses incurred and outstanding on business produced by the reinsurance intermediary-manager. This opinion is in addition to any other required loss reserve certification.
(4) Binding authority for all retrocessional contracts or participation in reinsurance syndicates must rest with an officer of the reinsurer who is not affiliated with the reinsurance intermediary-manager.
(5) Within thirty days of termination of a contract with a reinsurance intermediary-manager, the reinsurer shall provide written notification of the termination to the commissioner.
(6) A reinsurer may not appoint to its board of directors an officer, director, employee, controlling shareholder, or subproducer of its reinsurance intermediary-manager. This subsection does not apply to relationships governed by the insurer holding company act, chapter 48.31B RCW, or, if applicable, the producer-controlled property and casualty insurer act, chapter 48.97 RCW.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Washington Revised Code Title 48. Insurance § 48.94.040. Restrictions on reinsurer--Financial condition of reinsurance intermediary-manager--Loss reserves--Retrocessions--Termination of contract--Board of directors - last updated April 06, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wa/title-48-insurance/wa-rev-code-48-94-040/
Was this helpful?