Washington Revised Code Title 48. Insurance § 48.43.500. Intent--Purpose--2000 c 5
Search Revised Code of Washington
Search by Keyword or Citation
It is the intent of the legislature that enrollees covered by health plans receive quality health care designed to maintain and improve their health. The purpose of chapter 5, Laws of 2000 is to ensure that health plan enrollees:
(1) Have improved access to information regarding their health plans;
(2) Have sufficient and timely access to appropriate health care services, and choice among health care providers;
(3) Are assured that health care decisions are made by appropriate medical personnel;
(4) Have access to a quick and impartial process for appealing plan decisions;
(5) Are protected from unnecessary invasions of health care privacy; and
(6) Are assured that personal health care information will be used only as necessary to obtain and pay for health care or to improve the quality of care.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Washington Revised Code Title 48. Insurance § 48.43.500. Intent--Purpose--2000 c 5 - last updated April 06, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wa/title-48-insurance/wa-rev-code-48-43-500/
Was this helpful?