Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) The department shall maintain a negative file. It shall contain negatives of all pictures taken by the department of licensing as authorized by this chapter. Negatives in the file shall not be available for public inspection and copying under chapter 42.56 RCW.
(2) The department may make the file available to official governmental enforcement agencies to assist in the investigation by the agencies of suspected criminal activity or for the purposes of verifying identity when a law enforcement officer is authorized by law to request identification from an individual.
(3) The department shall make the file available to the office of the secretary of state, at the expense of the secretary of state, to assist in maintenance of the statewide voter registration database.
(4) The department may also provide a print to the driver's next of kin in the event the driver is deceased.
(5) The department shall make the file available to the county coroner or medical examiner for the purpose of identifying a deceased person.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Washington Revised Code Title 46. Motor Vehicles § 46.20.118. Negative file - last updated April 06, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wa/title-46-motor-vehicles/wa-rev-code-46-20-118/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?