Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) The application for an original snowmobile registration has the same requirements as described for original vehicle registrations in RCW 46.16A.040 and must be accompanied by the annual snowmobile registration fee required under RCW 46.17.350, in addition to any other fees and taxes due at the time of application.
(2) The application for renewal of a snowmobile registration has the same requirements as described for the renewal of vehicle registrations in RCW 46.16A.110 and must be accompanied by the annual snowmobile registration fee required under RCW 46.17.350, in addition to any other fees or taxes due at the time of application.
(3) The snowmobile registration is valid for one year and must be renewed each year thereafter as determined by the department.
(4) A person who acquires a snowmobile that has a valid snowmobile registration must:
(a) Apply to the department, county auditor or other agent, or subagent appointed by the director for a transfer of the snowmobile registration within ten days of taking possession of the snowmobile; and
(b) Pay the snowmobile registration transfer fee required under RCW 46.17.420, in addition to any other fees or taxes due at the time of application.
(5) The department shall issue a snowmobile registration and snowmobile decals upon receipt of:
(a) A properly completed application for an original snowmobile registration; and
(b) The payment of all fees and taxes due at the time of application.
(6) The snowmobile registration must be carried on the vehicle for which it was issued at all times during its operation in this state.
(7) Snowmobile decals must be affixed to the snowmobile as provided in RCW 46.10.440.
(8) Snowmobile registration fees provided in this section and in RCW 46.17.350 are in lieu of any personal property or excise tax imposed on snowmobiles by this state or any political subdivision. A state agency, city, county, or other municipality may not impose other registration fees on a snowmobile in this state.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Washington Revised Code Title 46. Motor Vehicles § 46.10.400. Registration--Application--Renewal--Requirements--Decals - last updated April 06, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wa/title-46-motor-vehicles/wa-rev-code-46-10-400/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?