(1) The department, in coordination with the utilities and transportation commission,
and such advisors as the department chooses, may prepare regular reports that identify
(a) The geographic areas of greatest priority for the deployment of advanced telecommunications
infrastructure in the state;
(b) A detailed explanation of how any amount of funding received from the federal
government for the purposes of broadband mapping, deployment, and adoption will be
or have been used; and
(c) A determination of how nonfederal sources may be utilized to achieve the purposes
of broadband mapping, deployment, and adoption activities in the state.
(2) To the greatest extent possible, the initial report should be based upon the information
identified in the geographic system maps developed under the requirements of this
(3) The initial report should be delivered to the appropriate committees of the legislature
as soon as feasible, but no later than January 18, 2010.
(4) Any future reports prepared by the department based upon the requirements of subsection
(1) of this section should be delivered to the appropriate committees of the legislature
by January 15th of each year.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.