Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
As used in this chapter:
(1) “Abuser” means any person who participates, either as a principal or an accessory before the fact, in the willful and unlawful financial exploitation of a vulnerable adult.
(2) “Decedent” means:
(a) Any person whose life is taken by a slayer; or
(b) Any deceased person who, at any time during life in which he or she was a vulnerable adult, was the victim of financial exploitation by an abuser.
(3) “Financial exploitation” has the same meaning as provided in RCW 74.34.020 , as enacted or hereafter amended.
(4) “Property” includes any real and personal property and any right or interest therein.
(5) “Slayer” means any person who participates, either as a principal or an accessory before the fact, in the willful and unlawful killing of any other person as determined under RCW 11.84.140 .
(6) “Vulnerable adult” has the same meaning as provided in RCW 74.34.020 .
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Washington Revised Code Title 11. Probate and Trust Law § 11.84.010. Definitions - last updated April 06, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/wa/title-11-probate-and-trust-law/wa-rev-code-11-84-010/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.