As used in this chapter:
(1) “Abuser” means any person who participates, either as a principal or an accessory before the fact, in the willful and unlawful financial exploitation of a vulnerable adult.
(2) “Decedent” means:
(a) Any person whose life is taken by a slayer; or
(b) Any deceased person who, at any time during life in which he or she was a vulnerable adult, was the victim of financial exploitation by an abuser.
(3) “Financial exploitation” has the same meaning as provided in RCW 74.34.020 , as enacted or hereafter amended.
(4) “Property” includes any real and personal property and any right or interest therein.
(5) “Slayer” means any person who participates, either as a principal or an accessory before the fact, in the willful and unlawful killing of any other person as determined under RCW 11.84.140 .
(6) “Vulnerable adult” has the same meaning as provided in RCW 74.34.020 .
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.