Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
A. For the purpose of defraying the expenses of supervision and regulation of state savings institutions and foreign savings institutions doing business in the Commonwealth, the Commission shall, on or before July 1 of each year, assess against every such savings institution fees in accordance with a schedule to be set by the Commission. Such schedule shall bear a reasonable relationship to the total assets of various individual savings institutions and to the costs of their respective supervision, regulation, and examination.
B. All fees so assessed shall be paid into the state treasury on or before July 31 following. The Commission shall mail the assessments to each association on or before July 1 of each year.
C. The Commission shall charge a fee:
1. Of $1,800 for investigating an application for authority to establish a branch, if the branch is to be located within the Commonwealth;
2. As prescribed by the Commission for investigating an application for authority to establish a branch if the branch is to be located outside the Commonwealth;
3. Of $1,000 for investigating an application for authority to change the location of an existing main office or branch office;
4. Of $10,000 for investigating an application for a certificate of authority in the case of a state association;
5. As prescribed by the Commission for investigating an application for a certificate of authority in the case of a foreign savings institution;
6. Of $7,500 for investigating an application for merger or consolidation;
7. Of $2,000 for investigating an application for authority to exercise trust powers if such powers are to be exercised through a trust department;
8. Of $10,000 for investigating an application for authority to exercise trust powers if such powers are to be exercised through a trust affiliate or subsidiary;
9. Of $5,000 for investigating an application to convert from a state association to a state savings bank pursuant to subsection B of § 6.2-1143 or from a state bank to a state savings bank pursuant to § 6.2-829; and
10. Of $10,000 for investigating an application for a conversion other than a conversion from a state association or state bank to a state savings bank as provided in subdivision 9.
D. The Commission shall not be entitled to any fees other than as provided in subdivision C 6 for investigating any application to retain existing branches of the applying savings institution as branches of the merged or consolidated institutions. The fee prescribed in subdivision C 6 may be waived by the Commission in the case of supervisory mergers or consolidations made pursuant to § 6.2-1205.
E. Notwithstanding the designation of the several fees set forth in subsection C, the Commission may reduce by regulation or order any such fee or fees, if the Commission concludes that there is a reasonable basis for doing so and that the reduction of the fee will not be detrimental to the effectiveness of the Bureau.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Virginia Code Title 6.2. Financial Institutions and Services § 6.2-1202. Fees for supervision and regulation; investigations - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/va/title-6-2-financial-institutions-and-services/va-code-sect-6-2-1202/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?