Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The executive director of the commission shall:
(1) Supervise and be responsible for the administration of the policies established by the commission;
(2) Establish a Jail Standards subdivision and a Community Corrections Division within the commission and establish, consolidate, or abolish any administrative subdivision within the commission and appoint and remove for cause the heads thereof, and delegate appropriate powers and duties to them;
(3) Establish and administer projects and programs for the operation of the commission;
(4) Appoint and remove employees of the commission and delegate appropriate powers and duties to them;
(5) Make rules and regulations for the management and the administration of policies of the commission and the conduct of employees under his or her jurisdiction;
(6) Collect, develop, maintain, and analyze statistical information, records, and reports as the commission may determine relevant to its functions, including, but not limited to, the statistical information set forth in section 47-627;
(7) Transmit monthly to the commission a report of the operations of the commission for the preceding calendar month;
(8) Execute and carry out the provisions of all contracts, leases, and agreements authorized by the commission with agencies of federal, state, or local government, corporations, or persons;
(9) Perform such additional duties as may be assigned to him or her by the commission, by the chairperson of the commission, or by law;
(10) Appoint and remove for cause the director of the Nebraska Law Enforcement Training Center;
(11) Appoint and remove for cause the director of the Office of Violence Prevention;
(12) Subpoena witnesses and documents, files, internal investigation materials, administrative files, records, memoranda, reports, personnel records, disciplinary histories, or any materials the executive director determines to be relevant, relating to law enforcement officer certification revocation, from the Nebraska State Patrol; and
(13) Exercise all powers and perform all duties necessary and proper in carrying out his or her responsibilities.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Virginia Code Title 23.1. Institutions of Higher Education; Other Educational and Cultural Institutions § 23.1-2401. Authority established; powers, purposes, and duties - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/va/title-23-1-institutions-of-higher-education-other-educational-and-cultural-institutions/va-code-sect-23-1-2401/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?