Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) There is established in the corporation a senior housing office. The office shall promote a comprehensive response to the needs of senior citizens for adequate, accessible, secure, and affordable housing in the state. In order to fulfill this purpose, the office may
(1) study the needs of senior citizens in the state for housing to meet their needs;
(2) seek financial assistance from appropriate sources for the development of housing alternatives for senior citizens;
(3) administer the senior housing loan program established under AS 18.56.700 - 18.56.799;
(4) cooperate and coordinate with other public and private agencies to respond to the housing needs of senior citizens;
(5) offer public education programs to increase the awareness of alternatives to large residential facilities for senior citizens;
(6) provide information to senior citizens to help them understand their financial alternatives related to homes they might already own and to help them coordinate with other senior citizens in finding housing alternatives, including information and coordination on home equity conversion and home sharing; and
(7) disseminate information to construction contractors to educate them about remodeling projects that would meet the needs of many senior citizens for accessible and secure housing.
(b) In order to avoid duplication of efforts and to benefit from the commission's expertise, the office shall consult with the Alaska Commission on Aging in the performance of the office's duties under AS 18.56.700-18.56.799 so that the housing needs of senior citizens can be met most efficiently and effectively.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Virginia Code Title 2.2. Administration of Government § 2.2-300. Assistant to the Governor for Intergovernmental Affairs; position created; appointment - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/va/title-2-2-administration-of-government/va-code-sect-2-2-300/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?