Virginia Code Title 15.2. Counties, Cities and Towns § 15.2-5939. Executive Director appointment; duties
Search Code of Virginia
Search by Keyword or Citation
A. The Authority shall appoint an Executive Director, who is the chief administrative officer and secretary of the Authority and serves at the pleasure of the Authority. The Executive Director shall be paid from funds received by the Authority. No state funds shall be used to pay the salary or the expenses of this office.
B. In addition to any other duties set forth in this chapter, the Executive Director shall:
1. Direct and supervise the administrative affairs and activities of the Authority in accordance with its rules, regulations, and policies;
2. Attend all meetings and keep minutes of all proceedings;
3. Approve all accounts for salaries, per diem payments, and allowable expenses of the Authority and its employees and consultants and approve all expenses incidental to the operation of the Authority;
4. Report and make recommendations to the Authority on the merits and status of any proposed Facility; and
5. Perform any other duty that the Authority requires for carrying out the provisions of this chapter.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Virginia Code Title 15.2. Counties, Cities and Towns § 15.2-5939. Executive Director appointment; duties - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/va/title-15-2-counties-cities-and-towns/va-code-sect-15-2-5939/
Was this helpful?