Virginia Code Title 15.2. Counties, Cities and Towns § 15.2-516. Duties of county executive
Search Code of Virginia
Search by Keyword or Citation
The county executive shall be the administrative head of the county. He shall attend all meetings of the board and recommend such action as he deems expedient. He shall be responsible to the board for the proper administration of the affairs of the county which the board has authority to control.
He shall also:
1. Make monthly reports to the board on matters of administration, and keep the board fully advised as to the county's financial condition.
2. Submit to the board a proposed annual budget, with his recommendations, and execute the budget as finally adopted.
3. Execute and enforce all board resolutions and orders and see that all laws of the Commonwealth required to be enforced through the board or some other county officer subject to the control of the board are faithfully executed.
4. Examine regularly the books and papers of every officer and department of the county and report to the board on their condition.
5. Perform such other duties as may be required of him by the board, and as may be otherwise required of him by law.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Virginia Code Title 15.2. Counties, Cities and Towns § 15.2-516. Duties of county executive - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/va/title-15-2-counties-cities-and-towns/va-code-sect-15-2-516/
Was this helpful?