Virginia Code Title 15.2. Counties, Cities and Towns § 15.2-4105. Pretrial conference; matters considered
Search Code of Virginia
Search by Keyword or Citation
The special court shall, prior to hearing any case under this chapter, direct the attorneys for the parties to appear before it or, in its discretion, before a single judge, for a conference to consider:
1. Simplification of the issues;
2. Amendment of pleadings and filing of additional pleadings;
3. Stipulations as to facts, documents, records, photographs, plans and like matters, which will dispense with formal proof thereof, including:
a. Assessed values and the ratio of assessed values to true values, as determined by the State Department of Taxation, in the city seeking to become a town and in the county including real property, personal property, machinery and tools, merchants' capital and public service corporation assessment for each year of the five years immediately preceding;
b. School population and school enrollment in the city seeking to become a town and in the county, as shown by the records in the office of the division superintendent of schools; and cost of education per pupil in average daily membership, as shown by the last preceding report of the Superintendent of Public Instruction;
c. Population and population density of the city seeking to become a town and of the county;
4. Long-term and short-term indebtedness of both the city and the county;
5. Limitation or expansion of pretrial discovery procedures;
6. Limitation of the number of expert witnesses; each expert witness who will testify shall file a statement of his qualifications;
7. Such other matters as may aid in the disposition of the case.
The court, or the judge, as the case may be, shall make an appropriate order which will control the subsequent conduct of the case unless modified for good cause before or during the trial or hearing.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Virginia Code Title 15.2. Counties, Cities and Towns § 15.2-4105. Pretrial conference; matters considered - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/va/title-15-2-counties-cities-and-towns/va-code-sect-15-2-4105/
Was this helpful?