Virginia Code Title 15.2. Counties, Cities and Towns § 15.2-2830. Optional provisions of ordinances
Search Code of Virginia
Search by Keyword or Citation
If an ordinance is enacted by a locality in accordance with this chapter, it may provide that management shall designate reasonable no-smoking areas, considering the nature of the use and the size of the building, in the following places:
1. Retail and service establishments of 15,000 square feet or more serving the general public, including, but not limited to, department stores, grocery stores, drug stores, clothing stores, and shoe stores;
2. Educational facilities, except as provided in § 15.2-2824;
3. Health care facilities;
4. Rooms in which a public meeting or hearing is being held;
5. Places of entertainment and cultural facilities, including but not limited to theaters, concert halls, gymnasiums, auditoriums, other enclosed arenas, art galleries, libraries, and museums;
6. Indoor facilities used for recreational purposes; or
7. Other public places.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Virginia Code Title 15.2. Counties, Cities and Towns § 15.2-2830. Optional provisions of ordinances - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/va/title-15-2-counties-cities-and-towns/va-code-sect-15-2-2830/
Was this helpful?