Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) Each director of a library board shall be appointed for a three-year term, or until the successor to that director is appointed. Initially, appointments shall be made for one-, two-, and three-year terms. Annually thereafter, the city governing body shall, before the first day of July of each year, appoint for a three-year term directors to take the place of the retiring directors.
(2) Directors shall serve not more than two consecutive full terms.
(3) The directors shall annually select a chairman and other officers.
(4) The city governing body may remove any director for misconduct or neglect of duty.
(5) Vacancies in a library board of directors shall be filled for the unexpired term in the same manner as original appointments.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Utah Code Title 9. Cultural and Community Engagement § 9-7-403. Library board terms--Officers--Removal--Vacancies - last updated May 05, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ut/title-9-cultural-and-community-engagement/ut-code-sect-9-7-403/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?