Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) An individual may not knowingly conduct, aid, or allow an underage drinking gathering.
(2) A law enforcement officer may issue a written citation to an individual who violates Subsection (1).
(3) An individual issued a citation under this section is subject to a civil penalty equal to the sum of:
(a)(i) a fine of $250 for a first citation; or
(ii) double the fine imposed for an immediately preceding citation for each subsequent citation; and
(b) the response costs of the underage drinking gathering, not to exceed $1,000.
(4) Two or more individuals who violate Subsection (1) for the same underage drinking gathering are jointly and severally liable under this section for response costs attributable to the underage drinking gathering.
(5) An individual who violates Subsection (1) is liable under this part regardless of whether the individual is present at an underage drinking gathering.
(6) If a minor is issued a citation under this section, the minor's parent or legal guardian may not be held liable for an amount of civil penalty imposed on the minor as a result of the minor's citation.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Utah Code Title 78B. Judicial Code § 78B-6-1603. Citation--Civil penalty - last updated May 05, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ut/title-78b-judicial-code/ut-code-sect-78b-6-1603/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?