Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) All released prisoners under Section 77-19-3 are in the custody of the custodial authority and are subject at any time to being returned to jail, for good cause.
(2) The judge may order that the prisoner:
(a) pay money earned from employment during the jail term to those persons he is legally responsible to support; or
(b) retain sufficient money to pay his costs of transportation, meals, and other incidental and necessary expenses related to his special release.
(3) The custodial authority of the jail shall establish all other conditions of special release.
(4) During all hours when the prisoner is not serving the function for which he is awarded release time, he shall be confined to jail.
(5) The prisoner shall obtain his own transportation to and from the place where he performs the function for which he is released.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Utah Code Title 77. Utah Code of Criminal Procedure § 77-19-4. Special release from city or county jail--Conditions and limitations - last updated May 05, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ut/title-77-utah-code-of-criminal-procedure/ut-code-sect-77-19-4/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.