Utah Code Title 63G. General Government § 63G-2-501. State Records Committee created--Membership--Terms--Vacancies--Expenses
Search Utah Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1) There is created the State Records Committee within the Department of Government Operations consisting of the following seven individuals:
(a) an individual in the private sector whose profession requires the individual to create or manage records that, if created by a governmental entity, would be private or controlled;
(b) an individual with experience with electronic records and databases, as recommended by a statewide technology advocacy organization that represents the public, private, and nonprofit sectors;
(c) the director of the Division of Archives and Records Services or the director's designee;
(d) two citizen members;
(e) one person representing political subdivisions, as recommended by the Utah League of Cities and Towns; and
(f) one individual representing the news media.
(2) The governor shall appoint the members described in Subsections (1)(a), (b), (d), (e), and (f) with the advice and consent of the Senate in accordance with Title 63G, Chapter 24, Part 2, Vacancies.
(3)(a) Except as provided in Subsection (3)(b), the governor shall appoint each member to a four-year term.
(b) Notwithstanding Subsection (3)(a), the governor shall, at the time of appointment or reappointment, adjust the length of terms to ensure that the terms of committee members are staggered so that approximately half of the committee is appointed every two years.
(c) Each appointed member is eligible for reappointment for one additional term.
(4) When a vacancy occurs in the membership for any reason, the replacement shall be appointed for the unexpired term.
(5) A member of the State Records Committee may not receive compensation or benefits for the member's service on the committee, but may receive per diem and travel expenses in accordance with:
(a) Section 63A-3-106;
(b) Section 63A-3-107; and
(6) A member described in Subsection (1)(a), (b), (d), (e), or (f) shall comply with the conflict of interest provisions described in Chapter 24, Part 3, Conflicts of Interest.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Utah Code Title 63G. General Government § 63G-2-501. State Records Committee created--Membership--Terms--Vacancies--Expenses - last updated May 05, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ut/title-63g-general-government/ut-code-sect-63g-2-501/
Was this helpful?