Skip to main content

Utah Code Title 63G. General Government § 63G-14-201. Creation of program

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(1)(a) The governor shall create a program known as the “Utah Pilot Sponsored Resident Immigrant Program”:

(i) that is consistent with this chapter;  and

(ii) under which a resident immigrant may reside, work, and study in Utah, except that the program may not permit a resident immigrant to travel outside of the state except as provided in Subsection 63G-14-206(1).

(b) The governor shall:

(i) begin implementation of the program by no later than July 1, 2027;  and

(ii) end operation of the program on June 30, 2032.

(c) Under the program, the governor may facilitate transport to Utah for a foreign national who has been accepted into the program.

(d) The governor may recommend legislation to the Legislature to address how a resident immigrant is to be treated under statutes that relate to an alien.

(2) The department shall administer the program, except to the extent that the governor delegates a power or duty under the program to another state agency.  Subject to Subsection (3), the department may make rules in accordance with Chapter 3, Utah Administrative Rulemaking Act, to implement the program to the extent expressly provided for in this chapter.

(3) The governor may act by executive order whenever the department is authorized to make rules under this chapter.  If there is a conflict between a rule made by the department and an executive order of the governor, the executive order governs.

Cite this article: - Utah Code Title 63G. General Government § 63G-14-201. Creation of program - last updated May 05, 2022 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard