Utah Code Title 58. Occupations and Professions § 58-67b-122. Section 21--Withdrawal
Search Utah Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1) Once effective, the Compact shall continue in force and remain binding upon each and every member state, provided that a member state may withdraw from the Compact by specifically repealing the statute that enacted the Compact into law.
(2) Withdrawal from the Compact shall be by the enactment of a statute repealing the same, but shall not take effect until one year after the effective date of such statute and until written notice of the withdrawal has been given by the withdrawing state to the governor of each other member state.
(3) The withdrawing state shall immediately notify the chairperson of the Interstate Commission in writing upon the introduction of legislation repealing the Compact in the withdrawing state.
(4) The Interstate Commission shall notify the other member states of the withdrawing state's intent to withdraw within 60 days of its receipt of notice provided under Subsection (3).
(5) The withdrawing state is responsible for all dues, obligations, and liabilities incurred through the effective date of withdrawal, including obligations, the performance of which extend beyond the effective date of withdrawal.
(6) Reinstatement following withdrawal of a member state shall occur upon the withdrawing state reenacting the Compact or upon such later date as determined by the Interstate Commission.
(7) The Interstate Commission is authorized to develop rules to address the impact of the withdrawal of a member state on licenses granted in other member states to physicians who designated the withdrawing member state as the state of principal license.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Utah Code Title 58. Occupations and Professions § 58-67b-122. Section 21--Withdrawal - last updated May 05, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ut/title-58-occupations-and-professions/ut-code-sect-58-67b-122/
Was this helpful?