Utah Code Title 58. Occupations and Professions § 58-67-302.1. Qualifications for licensure--Criminal background check
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Utah Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1) An applicant for participation in the Interstate Medical Licensure Compact under Chapter 67b, Interstate Medical Licensure Compact, shall:
(a) submit fingerprint cards in a form acceptable to the division at the time the license application is filed; and
(b) consent to a fingerprint background check conducted by the Bureau of Criminal Identification and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(2) The division shall:
(a) in addition to other fees authorized by this chapter, collect from each applicant submitting fingerprints in accordance with this section the fee that the Bureau of Criminal Identification is authorized to collect for the services provided under Section 53-10-108 and the fee charged by the Federal Bureau of Investigation for fingerprint processing for the purpose of obtaining federal criminal history record information;
(b) submit from each applicant the fingerprint card and the fees described in Subsection (2)(a) to the Bureau of Criminal Identification; and
(c) obtain and retain in division records a signed waiver approved by the Bureau of Criminal Identification in accordance with Section 53-10-108 for each applicant.
(3) The Bureau of Criminal Identification shall, in accordance with the requirements of Section 53-10-108:
(a) check the fingerprints submitted under Subsection (2)(b) against the applicable state and regional criminal records databases;
(b) forward the fingerprints to the Federal Bureau of Investigation for a national criminal history background check; and
(c) provide the results from the state, regional, and nationwide criminal history background checks to the division.
(4) For purposes of conducting a criminal background check required under this section, the division shall have direct access to criminal background information maintained under Title 53, Chapter 10, Part 2, Bureau of Criminal Identification.
(5) The division may not disseminate outside of the division any criminal history record information that the division obtains from the Bureau of Criminal Identification or the Federal Bureau of Investigation under the criminal background check requirements of this section.
(6) The division may not issue a letter of qualification to participate in the Interstate Medical Licensure Compact until the criminal background check described in this section is completed.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Utah Code Title 58. Occupations and Professions § 58-67-302.1. Qualifications for licensure--Criminal background check - last updated May 05, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ut/title-58-occupations-and-professions/ut-code-sect-58-67-302-1/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?