Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) The commission may find that a gas corporation's request for a natural gas vehicle rate that is less than full cost of service is:
(a) in the public interest; and
(b) just and reasonable.
(2) If the commission approves a gas corporation's request under Subsection (1), the remaining costs may be spread to other customers of the gas corporation.
(3) The commission may authorize a gas corporation to establish natural gas clean air programs that promote sustainability through increasing the use of natural gas or renewable natural gas that the commission determines are in the public interest, subject to the funding limits set forth in Subsection 54-20-105(3)(d).
(4) For purposes of this section, and as pertaining to the transportation sector, “natural gas clean air program” means:
(a) an incentive or program to support the use of natural gas, including renewable natural gas;
(b) a program to improve air quality through the use of natural gas or renewable natural gas; and
(c) does not include any program under Section 54-4-13.4.
(5) A gas corporation proposing a natural gas clean air program for approval by the commission under Subsection (3) shall seek input from:
(a) the Division of Public Utilities;
(b) the Office of Consumer Services; and
(c) any person that files a request for notice with the commission.
(6) The commission may review the expenditure made by a gas corporation for a natural gas clean air program to determine if the gas corporation made the expenditure prudently in accordance with the purposes of the program.
(7) If the commission approves a gas corporation's request under Subsection (3), the remaining costs may be spread to other customers of the gas corporation.
(8) A natural gas clean air program under Section 54-4-13.1 shall be considered distinct and independent of Section 54-4-13.4.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Utah Code Title 54. Public Utilities § 54-4-13.1. Natural gas vehicle rate--Natural gas clean air programs - last updated May 05, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ut/title-54-public-utilities/ut-code-sect-54-4-13-1/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.