Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
As used in this chapter:
(1) “Board” means the Utah Fire Prevention Board created in Section 53-7-203, except as provided in Part 3, Liquefied Petroleum Gas Act.
(2) “Director” means the state fire marshal appointed in accordance with Section 53-7-103.
(3) “Division” means the State Fire Marshal Division created in Section 53-7-103.
(4) “Fire officer” means:
(a) the state fire marshal;
(b) the state fire marshal's deputies or salaried assistants;
(c) the fire chief or fire marshal of any county, city, or town fire department;
(d) the fire officer of any fire district;
(e) the fire officer of any special service district organized for fire protection purposes; and
(f) authorized personnel of any of the persons specified in Subsections (4)(a) through (e).
(5) “State fire code” means the code adopted under Section 15A-1-403.
(6) “State fire marshal” means the fire marshal appointed director by the commissioner under Section 53-7-103.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Utah Code Title 53. Public Safety Code § 53-7-102. Definitions - last updated May 05, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ut/title-53-public-safety-code/ut-code-sect-53-7-102/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.