Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) The commissioner, upon recommendation of the council and with the approval of the governor, shall appoint a director of the division.
(2) The director is the executive and administrative head of the division and shall be experienced in administration and possess additional qualifications as determined by the commissioner and as provided by law.
(3) The director shall be a full-time officer of the state.
(4) The director may appoint deputies, consultants, clerks, and other employees from eligibility lists authorized by the Division of Human Resource Management.
(5) The director may be removed from his position at the will of the commissioner.
(6) The director shall receive compensation as provided by Title 63A, Chapter 17, Utah State Personnel Management Act.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Utah Code Title 53. Public Safety Code § 53-6-104. Appointment of director of division--Qualifications--Appointment of employees--Term of office--Compensation - last updated May 05, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ut/title-53-public-safety-code/ut-code-sect-53-6-104/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.