Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(1) A person with a permit of any kind to carry a concealed firearm may not carry a concealed firearm in the following locations:
(a) any secure area prescribed in Section 76-10-523.5 in which firearms are prohibited and notice of the prohibition posted;
(b) any airport secure area as provided in Section 76-10-529; or
(c) any house of worship or in any private residence where dangerous weapons are prohibited as provided in Section 76-10-530.
(2) Notwithstanding Subsection 76-10-505.5(4), a person under the age of 21 with a permit of any kind to carry a concealed firearm may not carry a concealed firearm on or about school premises, as defined in Subsection 76-10-505.5(1)(a).
(a) Without an order. Any party asserting a claim may discontinue it without an order
1. by serving upon all parties to the action a notice of discontinuance at any time before a responsive pleading is served or, if no responsive pleading is required, within twenty days after service of the pleading asserting the claim and filing the notice with proof of service with the clerk of the court; or
2. by filing with the clerk of the court before the case has been submitted to the court or jury a stipulation in writing signed by the attorneys of record for all parties, provided that no party is an infant, incompetent person for whom a committee has been appointed or conservatee and no person not a party has an interest in the subject matter of the action; or
3. by filing with the clerk of the court before the case has been submitted to the court or jury a certificate or notice of discontinuance stating that any parcel of land which is the subject matter of the action is to be excluded pursuant to title three of article eleven of the real property tax law.
(b) By order of court. Except as provided in subdivision (a), an action shall not be discontinued by a party asserting a claim except upon order of the court and upon terms and conditions, as the court deems proper. After the cause has been submitted to the court or jury to determine the facts the court may not order an action discontinued except upon the stipulation of all parties appearing in the action.
(c) Effect of discontinuance. Unless otherwise stated in the notice, stipulation or order of discontinuance, the discontinuance is without prejudice, except that a discontinuance by means of notice operates as an adjudication on the merits if the party has once before discontinued by any method an action based on or including the same cause of action in a court of any state or the United States.
(d) All notices, stipulations, or certificates pursuant to this rule shall be filed with the county clerk by the defendant.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Utah Code Title 53. Public Safety Code § 53-5-710. Cross-references to concealed firearm permit restrictions - last updated May 05, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ut/title-53-public-safety-code/ut-code-sect-53-5-710/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.