(1) The committee shall be composed of eight legislators appointed as follows:
(a) three senators, appointed by the president of the Senate, with one senator from
the minority party; and
(b) five representatives, appointed by the speaker of the House of Representatives,
with two representatives from the minority party.
(2) The president of the Senate shall designate one of the Senate appointees as one
cochair of the committee and the speaker of the House of Representatives shall designate
one of the House of Representatives appointees as the other cochair.
(3) Committee members serve for one year but may be reappointed by the speaker or
(4) In conducting all of its business, the committee shall comply with the rules of
legislative interim committees.
(5) The Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel shall provide staff services
to the committee.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.