Modular unit construction, setup, issuance of permits for construction or setup, and
setup shall be in accordance with the following:
(1) Construction and setup of a modular unit shall be in accordance with the State
(2) A local regulator has the responsibility and authority for plan review and issuance
of permits for construction, modification, or setup for the political subdivision
in which the modular unit is to be setup;
(3) An inspection of the construction, modification of, or setup of a modular unit
shall conform with this chapter.
(4) A local regulator has the responsibility to issue an approval for the political
subdivision in which a modular unit is to be setup or is setup.
(5) Nothing in this section precludes:
(a) a local regulator from contracting with a qualified third party for the inspection
or plan review provided in this section; or
(b) the state from entering into an interstate compact for third party inspection
of the construction of a modular unit.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.