Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) In general
Except as specifically provided in section 21083(b) of this title with regard to the National Voter Registration Act of 1993 (42 U.S.C. 1973gg et seq.), nothing in this chapter may be construed to authorize or require conduct prohibited under any of the following laws, or to supersede, restrict, or limit the application of such laws:
(1) The Voting Rights Act of 1965 (42 U.S.C. 1973 et seq.).
(2) The Voting Accessibility for the Elderly and Handicapped Act (42 U.S.C. 1973ee et seq.).
(3) The Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (42 U.S.C. 1973ff et seq.).
(4) The National Voter Registration Act of 1993 (42 U.S.C. 1973gg et seq.).
(5) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (42 U.S.C. 12101 et seq.).
(6) The Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. 701 et seq.).
(b) No effect on preclearance or other requirements under Voting Rights Act
The approval by the Administrator or the Commission of a payment or grant application under subchapter I or subchapter II, or any other action taken by the Commission or a State under such subchapter, shall not be considered to have any effect on requirements for preclearance under section 5 of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 (42 U.S.C. 1973c) or any other requirements of such Act.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - 52 U.S.C. § 21145 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 52. Voting and Elections § 21145. No effect on other laws - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/us/title-52-voting-and-elections/52-usc-sect-21145/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.