50 U.S.C. § 2501 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 50. War and National Defense § 2501. Definitions
Search U.S. Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
Except as otherwise provided, in this chapter:
(1) The term “Administration” means the National Nuclear Security Administration.
(2) The term “Administrator” means the Administrator for Nuclear Security.
(3) The term “classified information” means any information that has been determined pursuant to Executive Order No. 12333 of December 4, 1981 (50 U.S.C. 3001 note), Executive Order No. 12958 of April 17, 1995 (50 U.S.C. 3161 note), Executive Order No. 13526 of December 29, 2009 (50 U.S.C. 3161 note), or successor orders, to require protection against unauthorized disclosure and that is so designated.
(4) The term “congressional defense committees” means--
(A) the Committee on Armed Services and the Committee on Appropriations of the Senate; and
(B) the Committee on Armed Services and the Committee on Appropriations of the House of Representatives.
(5) The terms “defense nuclear facility” and “Department of Energy defense nuclear facility” have the meaning given the term “Department of Energy defense nuclear facility” in section 2286g of Title 42.
(6) The term “nuclear security enterprise” means the physical facilities, technology, and human capital of the national security laboratories and the nuclear weapons production facilities.
(7) The term “national security laboratory” means any of the following:
(A) Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, New Mexico.
(B) Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, New Mexico, and Livermore, California.
(C) Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, California.
(8) The term “Nuclear Weapons Council” means the Nuclear Weapons Council established by section 179 of Title 10.
(9) The term “nuclear weapons production facility” means any of the following:
(A) The Kansas City Plant, Kansas City, Missouri.
(B) The Pantex Plant, Amarillo, Texas.
(C) The Y-12 National Security Complex, Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
(D) The Savannah River Site, Aiken, South Carolina.
(E) The Nevada National Security Site, Nevada.
(F) Any facility of the Department of Energy that the Secretary of Energy, in consultation with the Administrator and Congress, determines to be consistent with the mission of the Administration.
(10) The term “Restricted Data” has the meaning given such term in section 2014(y) of Title 42.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - 50 U.S.C. § 2501 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 50. War and National Defense § 2501. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/us/title-50-war-and-national-defense/50-usc-sect-2501/
Was this helpful?