Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) In general
For purposes of section 300x of this title, an application for a grant under such section for a fiscal year in accordance with this section if, subject to subsection (b) of this section--
(1) the plan is received by the Secretary not later than September 1 of the fiscal year prior to the fiscal year for which a State is seeking funds, and the report from the previous fiscal year as required under section 300x-51 of this title is received by December 1 of the fiscal year of the grant;
(2) the application contains each funding agreement that is described in this subpart or subpart III for such a grant (other than any such agreement that is not applicable to the State);
(3) the agreements are made through certification from the chief executive officer of the State;
(4) with respect to such agreements, the application provides assurances of compliance satisfactory to the Secretary;
(5) the application contains the plan required in section 300x-1(a) of this title, the information required in section 300x-4(b)(3)(B) of this title, and the report required in section 300x-52(a) of this title;
(6) the application contains recommendations in compliance with section 300x-4(a) of this title, or if no such recommendations are received by the State, the application otherwise demonstrates compliance with such section; and
(7) the application (including the plan under section 300x-1(a) of this title) is otherwise in such form, is made in such manner, and contains such agreements, assurances, and information as the Secretary determines to be necessary to carry out this subpart.
(b) Waivers regarding certain territories
In the case of any territory of the United States except Puerto Rico, the Secretary may waive such provisions of this subpart and subpart III as the Secretary determines to be appropriate, other than the provisions of section 300x-5 of this title.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - 42 U.S.C. § 300x-6 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 42. The Public Health and Welfare § 300x-6. Application for grant - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/us/title-42-the-public-health-and-welfare/42-usc-sect-300x-6/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.