Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
For purposes of this subpart:
(1) The term “authorized activities”, subject to section 300x-31 of this title, means the activities described in section 300x-21(b) of this title.
(2) The term “funding agreement”, with respect to a grant under section 300x-21 of this title to a State, means that the Secretary may make such a grant only if the State makes the agreement involved.
(3) The term “prevention activities”, subject to section 300x-31 of this title, means activities to prevent substance abuse.
(4) The term “substance abuse” means the abuse of alcohol or other drugs.
(5) The term “treatment activities” means treatment services and, subject to section 300x-31 of this title, authorized activities that are related to treatment services.
(6) The term “treatment facility” means an entity that provides treatment services.
(7) The term “treatment services”, subject to section 300x-31 of this title, means treatment for substance abuse.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - 42 U.S.C. § 300x-34 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 42. The Public Health and Welfare § 300x-34. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/us/title-42-the-public-health-and-welfare/42-usc-sect-300x-34/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.