Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Assistance for development and demonstration projects
The Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency shall offer grants to public sector agencies for the purposes of--
(1) assisting in the development and demonstration (including construction) of any project which will demonstrate a new or improved method, approach, or technology for providing a dependably safe supply of drinking water to the public; and
(2) assisting in the development and demonstration (including construction) of any project which will investigate and demonstrate health and conservation implications involved in the reclamation, recycling, and reuse of wastewaters for drinking and agricultural use or the processes and methods for the preparation of safe and acceptable drinking water.
Grants made by the Administrator under this section shall be subject to the following limitations:
(1) Grants under this section shall not exceed 66 2/3 per centum of the total cost of construction of any facility and 75 per centum of any other costs, as determined by the Administrator.
(2) Grants under this section shall not be made for any project involving the construction or modification of any facilities for any public water system in a State unless such project has been approved by the State agency charged with the responsibility for safety of drinking water (or if there is no such agency in a State, by the State health authority).
(3) Grants under this section shall not be made for any project unless the Administrator determines, after consultation, that such project will serve a useful purpose relating to the development and demonstration of new or improved techniques, methods, or technologies for the provision of safe water to the public for drinking.
(c) Authorization of appropriations
There are authorized to be appropriated for the purposes of this section $25,000,000 for fiscal year 1978.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - 42 U.S.C. § 300j-3a - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 42. The Public Health and Welfare § 300j-3a. Grants to public sector agencies - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/us/title-42-the-public-health-and-welfare/42-usc-sect-300j-3a/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.