Skip to main content

29 U.S.C. § 796j-1 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 29. Labor § 796j-1. Training and technical assistance

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) From the funds appropriated and made available to carry out this part for any fiscal year, beginning with fiscal year 2015, the Commissioner shall first reserve not less than 1.8 percent and not more than 2 percent of the funds to provide, either directly or through grants, contracts, or cooperative agreements, training and technical assistance to designated State agencies, or other providers of independent living services for older individuals who are blind, that are funded under this part for such fiscal year.

(b) The Commissioner shall conduct a survey of designated State agencies that receive grants under section 796k of this title regarding training and technical assistance needs in order to determine funding priorities for such training and technical assistance.

(c) To be eligible to receive a grant or enter into a contract or cooperative agreement under this section, an entity shall submit an application to the Commissioner at such time, in such manner, containing a proposal to provide such training and technical assistance, and containing such additional information, as the Commissioner may require.  The Commissioner shall provide for peer review of applications by panels that include persons who are not government employees and who have experience in the provision of services to older individuals who are blind.

Cite this article: - 29 U.S.C. § 796j-1 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 29. Labor § 796j-1. Training and technical assistance - last updated January 01, 2018 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard