Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Upon receipt of an order under AS 25.25.501, the obligor's employer shall immediately provide a copy of the order to the obligor.
(b) The employer shall treat an income withholding order issued in another state that appears regular on its face as if it were issued by a tribunal of this state.
(c) Except as provided by (d) of this section and AS 25.25.503, the employer shall withhold and distribute the funds as directed in the withholding order by complying with the terms of the order, as applicable, that specify
(1) the duration and the amount of periodic payments of current child support, stated as a sum certain;
(2) the person designated to receive payments and the address to which the payments are to be forwarded;
(3) medical support, whether in the form of periodic cash payment, stated as a sum certain, or an order to the obligor to provide health insurance coverage for the child under a policy available through the obligor's employment;
(4) the amount of periodic payments of fees and costs for a support enforcement agency, the issuing tribunal, and the obligee's attorney, stated as sums certain; and
(5) the amount of periodic payments of arrearages and interest on arrearages, stated as sums certain.
(d) The employer shall comply with the law of the state of the obligor's principal place of employment for withholding from income with respect to
(1) the employer's fee for processing an income withholding order;
(2) the maximum amount permitted to be withheld from the obligor's income; and
(3) the time periods within which the employer must implement the withholding order and forward the child support payment.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - 26 U.S.C. § 101 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 26. Internal Revenue Code § 101. Certain death benefits - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/us/title-26-internal-revenue-code/26-usc-sect-101.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.