Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
In this chapter:
(1) The term “Foundation” means the Barry Goldwater Scholarship and Excellence in Education Foundation established under section 4703(a) of this title.
(2) The term “Board” means the Board of Trustees of the Barry Goldwater Scholarship and Excellence in Education Foundation established under section 4703(b) of this title.
(3) The term “fund” means the Barry Goldwater Scholarship and Excellence in Education Fund provided for under section 4707 of this title.
(4) The term “institution of higher education” means any such institution as defined in section 1001 of this title.
(5) The term “State” means each of the several States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and, considered as a single entity, Guam, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, the Trust Territories of the Pacific Islands, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas.
(6) The term “eligible person” means a citizen or national of the United States or a permanent resident alien of the United States.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - 20 U.S.C. § 4702 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 20. Education § 4702. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/us/title-20-education/20-usc-sect-4702/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.