Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) General authority
The Secretary and Gallaudet University shall establish, and periodically update, an agreement governing the operation and national mission activities, including construction and provision of equipment, of the elementary and secondary education programs at the University. The Secretary or the University shall determine the necessity for the periodic update described in the preceding sentence.
(b) Provisions of agreement
The agreement shall--
(1) provide that Federal funds appropriated for the benefit of the Kendall Demonstration Elementary School and the Model Secondary School for the Deaf will be used only for the purposes for which appropriated and in accordance with the applicable provisions of this chapter and such agreement;
(2) provide that the University will make an annual report, to be part of the report required under section 4354 of this title, to the Secretary on the operations and national mission activities of the elementary and secondary education programs, including such other information as the Secretary may consider necessary;
(3) provide that in the design and construction of any facilities, maximum attention will be given to innovative auditory and visual devices and installations appropriate for the educational functions of such facilities;
(4) provide that any laborer or mechanic employed by any contractor or subcontractor in the performance of work on any construction aided by Federal funds appropriated for the benefit of the Kendall Demonstration Elementary School or the Model Secondary School for the Deaf will be paid wages at rates not less than those prevailing on similar construction in the locality as determined by the Secretary of Labor in accordance with subchapter IV of chapter 31 of Title 40, commonly referred to as the Davis-Bacon Act; except that the Secretary of Labor shall have, with respect to the labor standards specified in this paragraph, the authority and functions set forth in Reorganization Plan Numbered 14 of 1950 (5 U.S.C. App.) and section 3145 of Title 40; and
(5) include such other conditions as the Secretary or the University considers necessary to carry out the purposes of this part.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - 20 U.S.C. § 4305 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 20. Education § 4305. Agreement with Gallaudet University - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/us/title-20-education/20-usc-sect-4305/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.