The Attorney General shall annually report to Congress on the number of pen register
orders and orders for trap and trace devices applied for by law enforcement agencies
of the Department of Justice, which report shall include information concerning--
(1) the period of interceptions authorized by the order, and the number and duration
of any extensions of the order;
(2) the offense specified in the order or application, or extension of an order;
(3) the number of investigations involved;
(4) the number and nature of the facilities affected; and
(5) the identity, including district, of the applying investigative or law enforcement
agency making the application and the person authorizing the order.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.