Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
As used in this chapter--
(1) the term “children” means the plural and means individuals who have not attained the age of eighteen years;
(2) the term “ethnic group” means a set of individuals whose identity as such is distinctive in terms of common cultural traditions or heritage;
(3) the term “incites” means urges another to engage imminently in conduct in circumstances under which there is a substantial likelihood of imminently causing such conduct;
(4) the term “members” means the plural;
(5) the term “national group” means a set of individuals whose identity as such is distinctive in terms of nationality or national origins;
(6) the term “racial group” means a set of individuals whose identity as such is distinctive in terms of physical characteristics or biological descent;
(7) the term “religious group” means a set of individuals whose identity as such is distinctive in terms of common religious creed, beliefs, doctrines, practices, or rituals; and
(8) the term “substantial part” means a part of a group of such numerical significance that the destruction or loss of that part would cause the destruction of the group as a viable entity within the nation of which such group is a part.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - 18 U.S.C. § 1093 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 18. Crimes and Criminal Procedure § 1093. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/us/title-18-crimes-and-criminal-procedure/18-usc-sect-1093/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.