In administering programs of the United States Fish and Wildlife Service related to
the Great Lakes Basin, the Director shall seek to achieve the following goals:
(1) Restoring and maintaining self-sustaining fish and wildlife resources.
(2) Minimizing the impacts of contaminants on fishery and wildlife resources.
(3) Protecting, maintaining, and, where degraded and destroyed, restoring fish and wildlife
habitat, including the enhancement and creation of wetlands that result in a net gain
in the amount of those habitats.
(4) Stopping illegal activities adversely impacting fishery and wildlife resources.
(5) Restoring threatened and endangered species to viable, self-sustaining levels.
(6) Protecting, managing, and conserving migratory birds.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.