The notice of default and foreclosure sale to be served in accordance with this chapter
shall set forth--
(1) the name and address of the foreclosure commissioner;
(2) the date on which the notice is issued;
(3) the names of--
(A) the Secretary;
(B) the original mortgagee (if other than the Secretary); and
(C) the original mortgagor;
(4) the street address or a description of the location of the security property, and
a description of the security property, sufficient to identify the property to be
(5) the date of the mortgage, the office in which the mortgage is recorded, and the liber
number and folio or other appropriate description of the location of recordation of
(6) identification of the failure to make payment, including the due date of the earliest
installment payment remaining wholly unpaid as of the date on which the notice is
issued upon which the foreclosure is based, or a description of any other default
or defaults upon which foreclosure is based, and the acceleration of the secured indebtedness;
(7) the date, time, and location of the foreclosure sale;
(8) a statement that the foreclosure is being conducted pursuant to this chapter;
(9) a description of the types of costs, if any, to be paid by the purchaser upon transfer
(10) the amount and method of deposit to be required at the foreclosure sale (except that
no deposit shall be required of the Secretary) and the time and method of payment
of the balance of the foreclosure purchase price; and
(11) any other appropriate terms of sale or information, as the Secretary may determine.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.