(a) The owner or owners of urban property in a district and subject to taxation by
the district, and on which all amounts due the district under Section 49.3182(1) have been paid, may file a written and sworn application with the district to exclude
that property from the district.
(b) The application must:
(1) include a sworn acknowledgment by the owner or owners of the property;
(2) describe the property to be excluded by identifying the lot or block number of
the subdivision and the name or designation of the subdivision as shown on the recorded
plat of the subdivision, or by some other method of identification; and
(3) state that the property is used or intended to be used for the purposes for which
it was subdivided and is not used or intended to be used, wholly or partly, for agricultural
(c) A copy of the recorded map or plat of the subdivision must accompany the application
and must clearly delineate the part of the subdivision, if less than the whole, to
be excluded from the district.
(d) The applicant must also provide the district with evidence satisfactory to, or
required by, the board of the applicant's:
(1) ownership of the property proposed to be excluded; and
(2) right to have the property excluded from the district.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.