Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Section 642.002 does not apply to a commercial motor vehicle, road-tractor, or truck-tractor that is:
(1) registered under Section 502.433;
(2) required to be registered under Section 113.131, Natural Resources Code;
(3) operated in private carriage that is subject to Title 49, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 390.21;
(4) operated under the direct control, supervision, or authority of a public utility, as recognized by the legislature, that is otherwise visibly marked; or
(5) transporting timber products in their natural state from first point of production or harvest to first point of processing.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Transportation Code - TRANSP § 642.003. Nonapplicability - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/transportation-code/transp-sect-642-003/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.