Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) To further a purpose described by Section 222.073, the commission may use money deposited to the credit of the bank to provide financial assistance to a public or private entity for a qualified project to:
(1) extend credit by direct loan;
(2) provide credit enhancements;
(3) serve as a capital reserve for bond or debt instrument financing;
(4) subsidize interest rates;
(5) insure the issuance of a letter of credit or credit instrument;
(6) finance a purchase or lease agreement in connection with a transit project;
(7) provide security for bonds and other debt instruments; or
(8) provide methods of leveraging money that have been approved by the United States secretary of transportation and relate to the project for which the assistance is provided.
(b) Financial assistance to a private entity under Subsection (a) shall be limited to a qualified project that:
(1) provides transportation services or facilities that provide a demonstrated public benefit; or
(2) is constructed or operated in cooperation with a state agency or political subdivision in accordance with an agreement between that agency or political subdivision and the private entity.
(c) Financial assistance to a public or private entity under Subsection (a) shall be limited, as applicable, to a qualified project that is consistent with the transportation plan developed by the metropolitan planning organization.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Transportation Code - TRANSP § 222.074. Form of Assistance - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/transportation-code/transp-sect-222-074/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.