Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) On receipt of a tax lien notice from the comptroller, the county clerk shall immediately:
(1) record the notice in the state tax lien book;
(2) note on the notice the date and hour of its recording;
(3) enter in an alphabetical index the name of each person to whom the notice applies, along with the volume and page number of the state tax lien book where the notice is recorded;
(4) furnish to the comptroller, on a form prescribed by the comptroller, a notice showing that the tax lien notice is recorded and filed, the date and hour of its recording and filing, and the volume and page number of the state tax lien book where the lien is recorded; and
(5) send the comptroller a statement of the fee due for recording and indexing the lien.
(b) This section prevails over conflicting provisions of other law.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Texas Tax Code - TAX § 113.005. Duties of County Clerk - last updated April 14, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tx/tax-code/tax-sect-113-005/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.